These Buns are literally my favourite snack right now & they’re super easy to make.
They’re low carb, packed with fibre, good fats, & protein. So totally guilt-free is what I’m saying!
Its crazy how there are so many amazing healthy alternatives these days, I love it!
Alright so here it is…
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (30g)
- 1/4 cup + 3 tablespoons ground psyllium husk (37g)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds – optional
- Preheat oven to 375F (180C) Lay a baking tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add all the dry ingredients first : almond flour, coconut flour, ground psyllium husk, baking powder and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add apple cider vinegar, olive oil and stir in the hot water. Combine for 1 minutes with a spatula, the water will absorb gradually, drying out the mixture to create the bread dough. It should stay a bit soft and sticky that is normal but you should be able to form a ball with your hand. If not add slightly more husk 1 teaspoon at a time. You want the ball to hold together, it is ok if it is moist. Don’t add more than 1 tablespoon of husk.
- Set aside 10 minutes to let the fibre absorbs the liquid . The dough should be elastic, soft and easy to divide into 6 small balls.
- Roll each small balls between your hands and place them one by one on the baking tray. No need to leave more than half thumb between each bread as they won’t expend while baking.
- With a pastry brush, brush the top of each bread balls with a bit of tap water.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top f each bread – optional but delicious!
- Bake 40-45 minutes at 180C (375F). I recommend you place the tray at the very BOTTOM of the oven for 30 minutes then swap to TOP level of the oven for 10-15 extra minutes. If you love your bread crusty turn onto grill mode for an extra 5 minutes after the 40-45 minutes baking time. Watch them closely to avoid the top to burn – if you use the grill method.
- Fully cool down a cooling rack.
- Store for 5-6 days max
I like slicing them in half and spreading PB w/ some Hemp Hearts & Coconut Syrup. Another Option I like is Vegan Soft Cheese & Smashed Avo. YUM!
Hope you enjoy them as much as I did!
Recipe by: Sweet As Honey