Who doesn’t love muffins…?
This recipe is our favourite because you can enjoy every bite without feeling any guilt. These muffins are vegan, gluten free, high protein, naturally sweetened and super easy to make!
So here it is…
- 2 flax eggs (2 Tbsps ground flaxseed + 5 Tbsps water)
- 1 1/4 cup dairy-free yogurt , unsweetened ( I used SILK Coconut Yogurt)
- 2 medium bananas , very ripe
- 2 cups GF rolled oats
- 1/3 cup Garden Of Life Vegan Protein, vanilla flavor
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Hemp Hearts (Topping)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly grease each slot of a standard muffin tin. Use paper liners to keep the recipe oil-free.
- Prepare flax eggs in a small bowl, by mixing together the ground flax & water. Set aside about 10 minutes. It will thicken up and become gel-like.
- When the flax eggs are ready, add all the ingredients (except the topping) into a high-powered blender or food processor. Blend until smooth, about 1-2 minutes. Scrape down sides as needed.
- Pour mixture into each slot about 3/4 of the way full. Sprinkle each one with your favorite toppings. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until lightly golden brown. Insert a toothpick in the middle of a muffin or two. If it comes out mostly clean, they are done.
- Let muffins cool for 10 minutes in the pan before transferring them to a cooling rack, then cool for another 10-15 minutes. The muffins might flatten out a little bit…it’s normal.