So Keek’s & I were recently in Vegas, super hungover & wanting all the junk food… A majority of us have been there, it’s all about balance right?
As I was deciding which Popcorn to eat & reading the labels, I pointed out something interesting to her… I noticed that ‘Skinny Pop’ actually had higher fat & more calories per serving compared to the ‘Popcorn Idiana’. Most of us would just go for the ‘Skinny Pop’ because of the ‘Skinny’ factor, well this is exactly why we need to read the back.
Companies know how to grab consumers attention with branding, it’s always good to be aware!
While we’re at it, here’s some ingredients to avoid like the plague…
- Hydrogenated Oils (Palm, Corn, Soybean)
- High Fructose Corn Syrup (Increases triglycerides, boosts fat-storing hormones, and drives people to overeat and gain weight)
- ‘White’ Processed Foods (Sends your insulin skyrocketing)
- MSG (Flavour enhancer – you will get a headache, feel tired & feel bloated)
- Artificial Colours (Blue, Yellow, Green & Red)
- Sodium Nitrates & Sodium Nitrites (Preservatives)
- Artificial Sweeteners ( Aspartame – Sweet & Low, Splenda etc)
These ingredients aren’t great for your health & can be easily avoided. We don’t need to be crazy about our eating, we just need to be conscious of what could be very harmful!
PS. Check the pics below